Site Rules ~ Must Read!! Jan 19, 2014 5:29:54 GMT -5
Post by Draco Malfoy on Jan 19, 2014 5:29:54 GMT -5
Here are the rules that we have placed and all members must abide by:
1. No Spamming: No Spamming means that you cannot have posts that have only one to five letters or words in them. No repeating of the same thing ex; ‘Josh stared out the window’ in the same thread for more than 4 posts. Also anyone who tries to advertise their site is considered as spam, that's why we have Affiliates and an advertising board. Anyone caught spamming will be warned no more than twice. After the second warning the user will be banned for a week and all advertisements post or thread involving the spam will be deleted.
2. No Double Posting: This means that you cannot post twice or more in a row, save for special allowances made in some of the the non-RP threads such as the Question thread. If you need to add something to your last statement, you can "modify" your post.
3. No more than TWO accounts per person (unless approved): There should not be more than two accounts on an IP Address. If you have a sibling/friend who is on Final Prophecy as well using the same address you must let your Head of House or another Staff member know immediately to prevent the delay of their sorting. We allow up to two characters per person, and we ask that this be one two separate accounts, however special allowance may be given for those with good reason to RP two characters off one account. For a secondary account, please alert staff members so you will not be penalised. Anyone creating multiple accounts without permission will be given one warning, and if this continues may be banned from the site. We do this to keep the character sign up fair and to prevent spamming of characters that are only used for a week. If you have a specific reason for having an extra account please contact a staffer and discuss it with them.
4. Please keep behaviour regarding sex and nudity to a PG13 standard. This means you may make light references to it but anything explicit will not be tolerated. Any images RP threads or even non-RP discussion breaching this may face instant deletion of account depending on the severity of the offence. We have younger members on the site and we ask you respect this. .
5. Profanity/Harassment: Again, light swearing is permitted, however anyone that takes advantage of this will have the right revoked. Harassment or slander against any member be it regular RPer or staff is not tolerated at all. If you are aware of any harassment or bullying on site, please alert a Staffer.
6. Do not pose as a staff member: It doesn't matter what the title is; if it is not you then don't pose as one. Anyone who is caught posing as Prefect, Headboy/girl, Head of House or Admin will be banned.
7. Read all stickies and announcements: Read all marked threads and announcements before posting. They are for your benefit!
8. Do not give your password out to anyone: Do not give your account password or any password out, as you may be held responsible for any misbehaviour on your Account. If you use a communal computer or device and think hacking likely we also advise you don’t save your passwords. If you think you have been hacked please alert a staffer and change your password immediately.
9. NO SOLICITATION: What does that mean? Do not ask people to join your site in a PM or on the boards. There is a separate board where you may advertise your site or ask to become an affiliate. Please keep your self promotion to that area only.
10. Don't Argue with the Staff: Staff sacrifice their own free time and work really hard to keep things fair and running smoothly. Respect this and do not argue with them. You are welcome to ask questions if you do not understand the reasoning for a rule or decision but keep it polite and remember we have the final say. This includes limiting the abilities of characters where and when appropriate and banning any groups of characters like creatures from RP: this is not done to ruin your fun but rather for the sake of keeping things fair for all members.
11. Do not post threads appreciating yourself: Threads may be created for special reasons for other people such as thanking them for a contribution or Celebrating a special event however these will be handled by staffers. If you have an idea for one of these threads please contact a member of staff to suggest it. For anything else there is the shoutbox at the bottom of the site. Please make use of it.
12. Signature Limit: The signature size is limited to 600x300 (Width x Height). Do not break this limit or your signature will be deleted without warning. Nobody wants to have to wait for pages to load ridiculously huge signatures, so keep it sensible. Please also note, in the case of those who wish to have personal banners as well as their character signature;You may only have 1 extra banner and it may be no more than 150 x 600.
13. No drinking: There will be no drinking of alcoholic beverages or behaving in a drunk manner unless given special allowance in term time rules.
In joining this site, you agree to abide to these rules. These rules are subject to change at any moment, with or without notice. Any Head of House may change the rules in order to keep the forum running smoothly. If you choose to break any of these rules or act in a disrespectful manner, we have the right to handle the situation as we see fit.
Please respect that rules are made so that everyone can enjoy this forum in an equal, fun, and harassment-free environment.
We take these rules seriously and we expect that you will, too.
Please sign below stating your site user name.